Originally, the facility operated as the "Malinka" Excursion House, and later changed its name to "Nad Zaporą" due to its location near the so-called Small Dam at the source of the Vistula River. Ultimately, the building offered 133 beds, and the first guests were the participants of the 5th International Youth Festival, held in Warsaw in July and August 1955. Due to the original function of the facility, it was necessary to make numerous modifications and modernizations, which were finally completed in 1970. At the turn of the 70s and 80s of the twentieth century, the House offered 170 beds in double and dormitory rooms. There was also a GOPR (Mountain Volunteer Search and Rescue) duty station inside the building.